View Single Post
mac60 02:37 AM 06-18-2009
See, this is where I disagree. If I have to submit my family, their friends, and anyone else who may be a constant visitor to my home to a background check, it is only FAIR that each and every daycare parent, their family members if they ever step foot into my home, and any other family member or friend of theirs who may pick up their child on my property...THEY SHOULD BE FORCED TO GO THRU THE SAME BACKGROUND CHECKS. It is not fair to force these rediculous things onto just the provider, as many other people...meaning parents.....walk into my front door daily.

And as far as reporting accidents at a daycare center....they do NOT have to, as my own child when he was 3 got his hand ran over and I was called, left work, and had to take him to the doctor for treatment....and I even got to pay the bill. So not every state is the same. And in my area, if you take your child to the doctor for an injury and submit it to your insurance, your insurance will contact you and ask how and where it will happen, and follow thru. It happened with my own son, an injury.