View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:51 AM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by SnowDayMom:
{okay I broke down and got a user name }
Welcome to the forum!

Can I ask you a couple questions?

Are you trying to find out why your child care charges for snow days?

Are you trying to convince other providers not to charge or that it isn't okay to do so?

Are you just looking to vent that some things in life aren't fair?

Are you discussing this with YOUR child care?

Bottom line, I don't understand your point. Why are you putting forth so much time and effort making sure everyone here knows you don't think it is fair to be charged for a snow day...

What is in that for you and what's in that for me? (not me personally but the providers on this board in general).

Charging for snow days isn't fair. I agree. But there are a lot more important things in life that aren't fair that deserve this kind of attention, if not more.

In the grand scheme of things, as a parent...if I had to pay my provider for a few snow days here and there and couldn't use her services, I might feel a little put out financially but if the other 99.9% of her policies AND care is good, sound quality care that I can trust with my child, it would be worth it in the end to me.

I value the bigger picture verses picking apart the small stuff....especially those things (snow days) that happen so infrequently that in a few months, we won't even remember how tough or irritating they were.