View Single Post
Leigh 11:25 AM 07-21-2015
Originally Posted by danoh0429:
I've been a LDC provider for a couple years now and I can tell you I would NEVER expect a family to pay me for my vacation/sick days. Its a part of being self employed. There are many perks to being self-employed, like being able to take time off whenever you need it, or closing early if you have too and being your own boss, but you should not expect PTO from families. I have my DCP pay me for holidays, only if it falls during their normal week, and of course if they go on vacation or cancel bc their child is sick, then they still pay, but if I am sick, or take days off, I do not expect to be paid for this. Just seems a little ridiculous if you ask me.
They're not paying me for my days off-they're paying me a yearly tuition. I DO take days off, but since they don't pay by the day, it doesn't affect their tuition. I don't find it ridiculous at all. And the perks you mention? I had WAAAAAY more perks when I was in the corporate world (and way more time off, too-I worked 135 days a year at my last job, and made more than triple what I make now). The biggest perk in my current job is that I make my own rules. And my rules say that you don't get a refund because of a day off, no matter whose day off it is.