View Single Post
Nellie 07:38 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I would put her down right when she arrives for an hour or so and then down again from 12:15 to 2:45 -3. That will get her enough rest so she stays up till eight or nine for her family. She needs some AWAKE time with them. She's coming straight to child care and going to bed right after she gets home. Have her sleep on your clock so she can have the parent time she NEEDS so badly.
Not trying to take over the post, but I am having the same problems. What do you do when the state says you HAVE to let them get up after x amount of time. In my state it is 30 minutes an OP said in her state they have to get them when they awake. All of my kids 18 months and younger sleep for about 45 minutes. I had one cry for 20 minutes sleep for 20 and wake up and cry. I did let him cry for an additionally 5 or so minutes while I ever so slowly walked to the door hoping he'd go back down. Even though I have all my light sleepers in there own bedrooms the first ones crys wake the rest up. Licensing told me that trying to make a child stay in a pnp or on a mat any longer that the 30 minutes is the most common violation if they don't fall asleep or wake early. When they get up you have to give them things to play with or activities. You can't let them just sit there with nothing. Just curious what you would do? I read many people are having problems with this, but letting them cry it out or making them lay there is NOT an option or I am unwilling to violate the rules.