View Single Post
SilverSabre25 06:00 AM 10-05-2011
First off...thank you to everyone who said nice things. Thank you too, Nan and others, to for watching out for me. I was mostly taken aback by how it came out. I considered all that stuff in the moment of silence before I opened my mouth to talk. Remember, a part of this is the selfish "Oh, ****, I can't make it now, what do I do when I lose $480 more a month we can't do that I have to do something I won't get a new client anytime soon I'm screwed" and that is, admittedly, a part of the reason I chose to offer this. There is no replacement waiting in the wings. So, I was thinking of our finances, and protecting them.

Second, thank you to cat for putting things so eloquently. My backbone wasn't, and isn't, at risk here...because my backbone is part of what made me decide to offer her this help. I've been burned by more than a few clients (and believe you me, I am NOT going back there...that was a dark place that sucked rocks, although other factors were playing into it than the terrible clients) and this is one client that has stood by me for a year now (over a year actually...which is saying something since I've only been doing this since Jan 2010, through thick, thin, and awful stuff, without a sideways look. I know the difficulties she's had, and she's never paid late. Letting her go, when she's having troubles that are not her fault, when she's one awesome parent, would be silly. If she never gets back to paying the full amount (and I fully plan on keeping after her about taking her son's father to court, and suggesting some job options because I know she's been looking for awhile now. I know where the options are atm because DH is looking...he's being laid off in December).

Thirdly, Cat, you've only been reading my posts since last December

Finally, I might not even have posted this BUT I thought of all the unregistereds who whine that all we do is whinewhinewhine, that we're all about the money, we hate our dcps and are mean evil conniving b****s...and thought that posting something nice like this would be nice.