View Single Post
Josiegirl 10:38 AM 11-09-2015
I have 2 dcgs, sisters, ages 2 and almost 4. They're all in-your-face and hands on. No matter what I've tried with them, they will NOT stop bugging kids when they come in, in the a.m. I realize they're so excited to see their friends come and play with them BUT a couple of these dcgs are a bit shy and need a few minutes to warm up. And it doesn't matter what they were involved in when the kids come, or what I've told them(give them space, they might want to say byebye to their mommy, etc.) they still run in and get right in their face. Some of it is also because they know it bugs the dcgs.
I was saying hi to the twins this a.m. and 3 dcks were jumping on me, trying to get my attention. These kids are not attention deprived but you'd swear they were.
Any advice what I can do to keep their interference at a minimum when shyer kids are trying to come in(poor things just want to run right back out)or when I'm trying to talk with dcm of twins for a couple minutes. I know kids are completely egocentric but this is getting ridiculous.
Oh and another thing some of the kids do is when the twins come in, in their car seats, they're usually carrying some little toy with them and they grab them right away from the tots, I ask them to give it back. If they don't I take it back and give it to the tot and say it's hers, don't take it away. But they're just not getting it.