Thread: Paid
View Single Post
CityGarden 08:41 PM 01-28-2018
I set up all my families for monthly invoices via Brightwheel. It auto sends them a monthly invoice 7 days prior to the funds being due.

Families #1, #2 & #3 pay via bank transfer with Brightwheel

Family #4 pays via check (as they do not trust Zelle)

Family #5 Pays in cash

My thoughts:

On Brightwheel for payments:
This method takes the longest to get funds to my actual account, it's easily 3-5 days but I love the set it up once and not think about it again approach. I do not like Brightwheel's other features (daily notes, etc.) so when coupled with the delayed funds I plan to faze it out.

On checks for payments:
This actually is the quickest way I get funds into my account. I thought I would not like checks but honestly I do not mind them. My bank can be annoying and put holds on checks new to my account but after 1-2 times they often post within the hour. This is the quickest way to get funds into my account. I can deposit quickly via the bank app in the comfort of my home.

Cash Payments:
I do not like cash payments because I then have to a) not spend the cash and b) go deposit it into my account and c) the parent who pays via cash always forgets / needs reminders from me or will pay late.

I'm in the process of updating my contract for next school year and for anyone new that enrolls -- in the new contract all families will have to pay via bank transfer or check.