View Single Post
Annalee 05:04 AM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I think it's great!!!
I don't have any violations but parents don't even ask for my license number and checked up before and I doubt they will now

But I can see how some providers might not like it.
I wonder if there will be a way providers can explain things on there too.. such as a missing paper or if a parent has excuse after excuse as to why they can't bring in their immunization record

I once had a analyst ask me why there was a piece of bacon on the floor in the playroom and I told her it was "play bacon" it was right in front of the kitchen set. So, sometimes you can get a quiet analyst that just walks around and writes down everything without asking for clarification and that could be devastating to someones business

I always take the proactive approach and I guide her from room to room pointing out the new paint, new improvements, and how I made things even better and safer than the last inspection. That way I am in control in my own home and it makes the inspection go by quickly.
So, just remember to keep the house very clean ( even if you have to destroy the planet with paper plates) and keep up with your records and CPR and you should be O.K.
In a perfect world this works, but we change licensing persons regularly here and many times each have a different pet peeve....I do not have violations listed either and am a 22 year provider but I am very leery because there are licensing persons now being sent unannounced to makes sure the original licensor is "doing their job".....I like to call them the daycare troopers. They come 6 times unannounced a year already and 4 if you are the highest star....I think the process is rediculous!!!!! Go get those illegally unlicensed persons and leave us alone!!!!