View Single Post
kcnjason 01:08 PM 06-02-2011
I have a 4.5 year old that I care for and I have since she was about 1 year old. She still has consisten accidents all day EVERY day and it does get very frusterating. Her parents seem to have tried different things and I finally convinced them to take her to a doctor which nothing super large came out of all the testing. She is very smart and I know she CAN stay dry. She often will go all day dry and not joking, when her mother pulls up she is wet soon after. She will wet her pants and not tell anybody, she knows when she does it. She use to hide her underwear and wet pants, even change her pullups and hide them in "hiding places". It is very frusterating and very Unsanitary!!! Her mother feels that if she is in a pull up than that is not helping at all as her daughter says, "if I have a pull up on, I will just pee in it because that is what they are for". Yet if she wears panties she is having 5, 6 sometimes more accidents a day. I would rather change 1 or 2 soaked pullups rather than wet pants and panties all throughout the day. The other big issue is when she sits on the furniture, on the carpeted floors, in the car (if we go on an outting) then it gets everywhere!!!! What would you do? What would you tell the parent? It's frusterating! She really doesn't care if she wets her pants, if we get upset, if we don't say anything. This is tough.