View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:23 AM 03-02-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My record came out clean, my husband who will have nothing to do w/daycare or be there when children are there because of his work has few DUI's under his belt from 20 years ago. There's a hold will this affect me from receiving clearance to my daycare license. So unhappy in California....
Again ... I think it's been mentioned many times (in this thread and in others) that it depends a lot on the situation and the severity. Each case is decided on a case by case basis so you should really contact your local licensing office to ask whether or not they can answer your questions.

I do know that if you are approved but your husband or other adult in the home is not you have the option to appeal or to apply for a variance. If approved for a variance you can still get a license with the condition that whoever it was that was denied not be present at all when daycare children are present. I do not know much more on this however and really your best bet for answers on how this all works is to call licensing directly to ask them.