View Single Post
LysesKids 09:03 AM 03-11-2016
Originally Posted by ChelseaB:
To be specific with how I do my fees, I offer my clients 2 options:
1- Full time at a flat, weekly rate of $100/week. It's slightly discounted from my daily rate, no credits or refunds (unless I take a personal or sick day since I don't charge for those).
2 - Part time/drop in at $25/day. I must know scheduling as far in advance as possible. Spots are NOT guaranteed.

The majority of my clients opt for full time, the few part timers, I consider extra money. Depending on your numbers you're allowed and how flexible you can be with money can play a big part of what you allow. I wish I could do the flat rate with everyone, but in my area, it's pretty low income, so that deters a lot of people. I found by giving them the options, I still usually get what I want because people really like the thought of full time and saving money. The premium of part time can be a bonus though.
This is how I work... I also limit my PT/Drop-in to a max of 3 days week; I have one FT that pays a premium for 60 hrs weekly (Just upped the hrs this month) - FT is usually no more than 50 hrs and ALL my FT pay monthly. My PT/Drop-in pay weekly unless they are doing the premium hourly thing which is paid in advance the day of care lol