View Single Post
Michael 11:41 AM 04-19-2020
We can only do what we can do. We are neither Pelosi nor Trump. But this does reflect who we chose to be in positions of power and what they must do to mitigate the economic and personal destruction that is at hand.

I wrote 3 years ago on FB that there are now “two” truths. Both sides believe absolutely that they are right and that the other side is wrong/stupid/commies/nazis/(put your term of endearment here).

Many politicians are playing the blame game, vying for power and being downright destructive in “not” working with each other.

We had a Pearl Harbor type attack from something we were not prepared for, nor could have been be prepared for. In 1939 we knew there was a war already raging in the world. We then poked the Japanese Empire by blockading it’s need for oil. We were still unprepared for what happened next. The Japanese attacked and forced America to declare war. We continued to lose the Pacific campaign to the Japanese for another six months before turning the tide against them at Midway. It took that long even with a ”unified” country and manufacturing output at 100% for our newly created military industrial complex.

We are again in a world war and our inability to come together is what every adversary would hope for in destroying our country from within.

We’ve become so accustomed to the foundations that make this country exceptional that we expect those support pillars to be there for us, not understanding how fragile they are and how easily they could crumble under the wrong circumstances.

The economic destruction that ensues is going to become real if this country and the world don’t get back to some kind of normalcy soon. That’s when the bottom falls out. Civil unrest with such densely packed cities will cause real death.

I saw 300 M1 tanks being moved by train through my town toward Los Angeles a couple weeks ago. When people are fearful people become desperate.

We still have time to turn this around but it’s going to take Americans and the world to be fearless and to do what is needed. Help each other-compromise for each other.