Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Unregistered 02:29 PM 07-17-2009
every time he/she misbehaves. However there is a fine line. The original poster didn't go into to much detail. However when I was Assistant Director (also Pre-K teacher) I had this boy whose mother we were CONSTINALTY calling everyday. He was totally out of control. This however would include physical abuse on his part to both the staff and the other children. I would be spat at, kicked, punched, hit, had pea gravel thrown at me, you name it and this child did it. He was only 4 years old. Then he started to do it to the other children. I had NO control over this child nor my class.

As I said this child's mother would be called everyday. "Oh he didn't sleep well" "Oh he forgot his vitamin this morning" Oh he spent the night with Grandma" excuse after excuse. Finally I broke down in tears to the director and I told her I couldn't take it anymore. She called the mother up and told him he was being terminated. She was stunned. It was one thing to have the abuse towards us but now since it was to the other children. She picked him up and right away she called state on us as a "wrongful dismission" Naturally they found no violations.

Long story short, while I agree that no a parent shouldn't be called everyday, it also depends on the behavior and the extreme of it.