View Single Post
TheGoodLife 04:44 PM 01-05-2015
This is what I have in my actual handbook:

Potty training is an essential and sometimes stressful process for both children and parents. I will assist in potty training with the understanding that it will only work if we work together. ☺ Your child will not learn if they do not do it while in my care and at home. You must work with your child at home and have a foundation set up before I will begin potty training here. Clothing should be easy to manage to encourage self-help skills. Buckles, buttons, belts, overalls and suspenders when in a hurry to use the bathroom may create a problem and should not be worn during this time. I also require that each potty training child have pull ups until they are able to go 10 full days without accidents. I will give you my full potty-training policy when you are ready to start training at home ☺

And this is my separate potty training policy I would hand out when it's time:

Potty training is an exciting time for everyone! It can also be a difficult and sometimes frustrating transition for a child, and because your child may be here at daycare as much if not more during the week than at home. I am happy to support your child’s potty training while here! My policies are:

• Please have a solid foundation of training at home before they start here- it can be scary and often a child is more comfortable starting their training at home. I am happy to begin training once you have that foundation set.
• Please find a time (outside of our regular work hours) to discuss your home methods with me, so I can be on the same page as you. I also want to be able to use the same language as that at home. Your child will train much faster if there is consistency between home and daycare.
• While I know many parents do the underwear-only training, I am not able to do it at daycare due to health regulations.
• Your child must be in pull-ups while training at daycare. After two weeks without an accident (i.e. wet or dirty pull-up) they may begin to come in underwear. However, I will ask that you still leave pull-ups here in case they are needed again.
• I reserve the right to take a break from training here if they have been trying for a duration of time here and I feel they are just not ready. The worst thing for potty training is to try to force it before the child is ready.