View Single Post
daycarediva 10:38 AM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by RIWorkingMom:
Oh I know it is not, but the daycare has told me that she has never seen this with any kid ever. That she called her teacher, and other providers, her sister, her mother and they have never ever had a kid that has tantrums. I find that hard to believe because they literally coined a phrase for them... terrible twos. She also said this to other parents before me. I agree it is no longer the right fit and I am getting her out of there. I am listening guys. I do agree with you. I just don't want to cause anyone any undue heartbreak.. my daughter... the dc provider. anyone.. After yesterdays talk, I don't think she is going to be happy to see my dd leave, but I can't keep hearing that my daughter is not normal
I think you're doing the right thing.

It was me who said that about behavioral issues. Because I have an associates in early childhood development, and a bachelors in early childhood education, and am currently in a masters program, have over 17 years of child care experience, and over 6 years as a licensed provider, I have a good grasp on what IS atypical behavior.

I wasn't saying your daughter had abnormal behaviors, just that what a PARENT- with more limited child care education and experience sees as normal, and what an educated, experienced provider KNOW are normal behaviors can be very different.

Typical temper tantrums are VERY normal, but I have had parents say that their child has typical temper tantrums, and what I witnessed was a two hour long self harming NOT typical 'temper tantrum'.