View Single Post
taylorw1210 08:17 AM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
They just want to stop buying diapers and you can't come up with words that are going to make them happy other than they can stop bringing diapers. If it is causing enough problems that you think they may pull and you can't afford to loose them then maybe supply the diapers yourself. Most parents don't really care if they are toilet trained. Some want the really early toilet training so they can pronounce the kid gifted but MOST just don't want to buy diapers. I keep a huge stock of diapers in my inventory and if it becomes too much conflict I just supply them.
I think the big motivating factor is pre-k. They are wanting to send him to a headstart program in the fall that requires he be potty trained to do so. This is their first child, they are super eager to turn him into an overachiever, and are helicopter parents. I am not concerned about losing him as I can easily fill the spot. I am however kicking myself in the butt for not thinking ahead and having a potty training policy in my handbook.