View Single Post
Heidi 12:23 PM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by KIDZRMYBIZ:
Thanks, Heidi. I used your idea, and even a few of your lines. I suggested making sure he wasn't tired, then acting cheerful about coming, then making the good-bye short and sweet in the front hall, and letting me take it from there. If it doesn't improve within a few days, then I will insist on the "bye-bye outside."

It is just so painful to watch a dramatic, tearful exchange as they try to tear themselves from one another, and the DCM not be able to summon an ounce of authority. It's a disruptive spectacle we can all do without!
Yeah, my darling 2 year old here did the same thing for about 2 weeks. She has been with me since she was 6 weeks old, so it wasn't about being in a new place. She totally had mom wrapped around that pinky.

I've known mom long enough now that I could just say "Go" in an authoritative voice after a couple days of gently trying to convince her that it would be okay. Then, I snapped a picture of dcg hanging up her coat before mom was even out of the driveway (texted it to her, of course).

It took a few more days of that, me peeling her off mom, setting her on the bench, and telling her to come play when she was ready (and my dh saying "Squirrel!"), and she is over it.