View Single Post
momofboys 04:46 AM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:
First: [If during that time period I feel that the relationship isn't working then I either call or sit the parents down and let them know I've decided to not offer them a contract. I also offer to give them one months notice on this and free child care for the entire one month notice begining that day. From that day forward I do not "work" for them. Their service is free so we are no longer in a financial relationship.

Terminating is a very hard thing to do. I made a decision not to offer a contract to a family this past year and it was incredibly stressful and hard to do. It's always hard to let a good kid go and good money go out the door but sometimes you have to protect your future by doing the right thing today.

So with terminations based on the needs of the child I will be specific. If it's a behavioral problem with the parents I let them know I will not be offering a contract for service and offer free care for a substantial time so they can make arrangements.

So how many times have you offered free care to a family? I'm guessing not very many since you so rarely have had to terminate. Did the family take you up on it?