View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 01:46 PM 07-05-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
We are not required to have ins. But do the providers really think by telling parents they do not carry liability ins clears them of the responsibility. All it does is tell parents If they sign and their child gets hurt , all they can do is sue and hope the provider can pay.

Yes I believe all providers need to be educated on the risks of not having liability ins.
This is what I was having a hard time believing, the guy was telling me that there are many providers that think this but I don't see how this is possible. Of course maybe SOME providers out there that don't familiarize themselves with the laws and regulations could but I know that for me this topic has come up during the licensing process (licensing tells us that we are not protected against a lawsuit no matter what and that is why they recommend liability insurance), by my homeowner's insurance (who I get my rider from), community care licensing updates, free trainings and workshops etc.

I guess to me it just sounds like DCI (a daycare insurance provider) made up it's own organization and is funding it and directing it with the main guy that owns DCI and are now trying to change a regulation to benefit from this whole thing. Afterall, if providers don't have the option to have an affidavit signed and this isn't replaced with a different option then they are forced to purchase liability insurance KWIM? So I feel like in essence a daycare insurance company is using an organization that it itself has created and funded to remove a regulation which will force providers to carry liability insurance which means that the insurance company will make a profit .

I have liability insurance and would never run my business without it and I highly recommend that providers carry liability insurance but I don't think it should be forced KWIM.