View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:11 PM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by happymom:
I just wanted to update and say that things have gotten SO MUCH better.

My 3 year old knows that his routine is to go put his coat in the coat room while I drop off my infant, then we meet in the hallway and say goodbye and he goes into his classroom alone!

For pick up, I get my infant first and then my 3 year old. I'm still working on mastering the pick up without going inside the classroom and causing the baby distraction. Two of the little girls in there can't keep their hands off the baby so it'd be best if I could just tap the window and have him come out.
When my DD was in preschool and my DS was an infant, my daughter's classroom had a square shape on the floor (made out of masking tape).....the other kiddos were always welcome to come over to me/baby and say hello but they could NOT cross the tape line.

So basically they could look but they could not touch.

I would either stand/squat in the taped off square while holding my son and helping my DD put her coat etc on or I would have baby in car seat carrier and just set the carrier in the taped off square.

I thought it was such a neat idea for a visual since some kids need that visual reminder that I adopted a similar method of using tape in my family child care to help littles understand boundaries.