View Single Post
nannyde 02:38 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by caitlin:
nannyde what does your son do during the day? I imagine he is at school most of the day now, since he is older, but what about before? What about when he was an infant or toddler? Did you send him to another daycare?

I just don't get it. The biting, tantrums, hitting, etc are all normal toddler behaviors, it is how they learn before they are verbal. I wish I could avoid all of that, but I don't understand how you can do it.

What ages do you have?
He is in school now but when he was under the age of one he was just on an opposite schedule: He napped while they were up and was up while they napped. When he was old enough to walk I had a full time staff member and a big house. I renovated the house so that he could have full run of the majority of the first floor of the house without supervision. He ran the house all day every day. He had three mornings a week prek when he was three and four days a week when he was four.

I don't have any violence in my house. I have said it over and over but obviously I can't do more than say it. My kids do not hit, fight, bite, or be mean to each other in any way. I'm so confident of this that I use it as a selling tool for my business. I have it posted on my website so that parents know that is what I say happens at my house. It would be very silly to advertise this if there was any liklihood that a kid would actually get hit or bit here.

I have a system of care that brings children from birth to age five without ANY kind of violence at all in my home.