View Single Post
SilverSabre25 06:40 AM 11-12-2010
The scent policy is totally reasonable. Scent allergies can be as bad in their way as peanut or shellfish allergies. When I was in high school, one of the teachers was extremely allergic to scents and her classroom was a scent-free zone. The students in her classes could not wear perfumes or strong scents. I never took a class from her, but as far as I know, everyone complied. My step-mother is very allergic to scents and gets terrible asthma attacks if she is exposed to too much scent--and this extends even to deodorent, laundry detergent, etc. When we go visit my dad (and back when I had to go spend every other weekend there) we bring scentless deodorent, shampoo, soap, conditioner, everything.

People in America use WAY too much scented stuff. More people are sensitive to scents than realize it--a lot of people who have chronic headaches are suffering from scent sensitivities. Think about all the products you use in a single day that are scented...and some people use so much perfume everyday that they smell like they are marinated it in. My MIL is one, and I get a terrible headache around her. Some of my dcks even come smelling like perfumed stuff sometimes.