View Single Post
Michael 06:41 PM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
It's Bernie or bust for me. I've campaigned hard for him, phone banking and canvassing first in Des Moines, then here in Kansas, and finally in Missouri. I can't vote for Hillary because:

--She's a pathological liar ("I'm a moderate...no wait, I'm a progressive since that's more popular now")
--She's in bed with Wall St. execs and will vote for their interests, not mine
--She has always been against any rights for the LGBT community, and has suddenly changed her tune
--She will literally pander to anyone and change her position depending on to whom she is speaking (Goldman Sachs speeches anyone??)
--She has been getting money from special interest groups that work against the interest of the entire country except the ultra rich

I could seriously go on for days. But Bernie is 100% committed to changing the lives of the little people: our neighbors, our friends, our families. Everything he stands for has unleashed a howling cry from the masses who are desperate to be heard! Some of his bigger policies, like a Medicare-for-all system, are being brutally attacked by the big insurance companies and big Pharma because OF COURSE they benefit the American people and that's NOT WHAT THEY WANT. Some of his smaller, lesser known policies are total genius: turning the U.S. postal system into a low cost check cashing/loan bank to a)Save the post office and lower our postage costs and b)Put those nasty pay-day lenders out of business for charging 25% interest.

I'm totally interested in having a spirited debate about Bernie if anyone is interested in cold, hard facts straight from his campaign headquarters. And if I don't know something, I'll ask. I'm one of those desperate people living in the heart of a very conservative state watching our local government burn our school systems to ashes and literally kill people who can't afford insurance.
I will not say my party affiliation but let's just say I called for both Sanders and Trump last June for what the public will clamor for. The "need". I would most likely upset most parties with the way I think. I don't carry the water for any of them.

I've been both broke and wealthy and know from past experience what works for me. I can be right or wrong depending on the timing of things but both Sanders and Trump have the X factor that most people are looking for.

People are engaged and enraged by what they are learning about our republic. Big changes are in order. This is the most exciting political election in a lifetime.

I would be willing to have a spirited conversation with you in PM if interested.