View Single Post
Thriftylady 11:06 AM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by NightOwl;587413[B:
]I'm totally disheartened by our electoral system. Individual votes don't count, delegates do. If your vote wasn't one that made up that particular winning delegate, then it's basically tossed.[/b] That's how W. won the presidency even though Gore had the majority of the votes.

Anyway.... Bernie or bust. He's been fighting for civil rights and the basic human rights of the little guy since the 60s. He's not concerned with appearances or special interests. He's concerned with the individual person and their wellbeing.

I'm not voting for Hillary because she's a straight up politician. She says what people want to hear regardless of whether she has any intention of following through.

Trump is a masochistic, racist, sexist, pompous attention wh*re. Period.

Cruz is a liar who cheated Carson out of thousands of votes in the primaries. And then had the nerve to thank God for his wins. He reminds me of a televangelist who blesses the masses and weeps from his golden throne made of the poor man's money while wearing his Armani suit.

These are my opinions. But they are well educated opinions. I've been watching this race closely, almost every day since last summer, so I stand behind my views.
Sadly most people don't know the truth about how we got the electoral system. It was a scam from the beginning, to get the slave states to ratify the constitution. By giving slaves who were not allowed to vote, a 3/5 count in the electoral system, it made the south more of a promise to be able to keep the slaves. By counting the slaves, it made the "population" of the slave states much higher, giving them more "pull" as it came to voting matters. It was meant to pacify the slave owning states to get the constitution ratified. Yes, political power plays have been going on that long! It is explained in more detail in this book. America's Constitution

ETA" I took a free class on Coursea about this, I learned so much that they never taught in history class. It amazes me the history we are never taught!