View Single Post
Mike 09:28 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
DH and I decided to take a "Right-Left road trip" and had a blast!

I don't know if anyone knows what a "Right-Left road trip" is but basically you get in the car, load up some good driving music and the first intersection you get to you take a right....the next intersection you take a left and so on.....

It was something my hubby and I did with our kids when they were young. We were young and broke so we didn't have alot of money to spend on entertainment or travel so we would spend alot of time just driving around looking at stuff. It was a neat way to get to know the area you live in and it's outlying communities.

Anyways, hubs and I drove around and listened to music and just talked and had a great time! It was one of the best birthday's I've had!
That sounds like fun. A lot like something I did in my early years. I would go for a drive out of town, turn off a main highway at some place I've never been, and do more turn offs until I have no idea where I am. Then the fun would begin when I get to find my way back home. I didn't bring a map, and GPS didn't exist back then. That was fun. I remember bringing a friend with me once and he actually got scared. He said "we're lost". I said no we're not. We're somewhere between highway 29 and highway 16 and somewhere between highway 2 and highway 43. Roughly north east of home. Just go south and/or west and eventually we'll know where we are. Those were fun times, but gas was much cheaper too.