View Single Post
Zoe 07:50 AM 12-08-2011
I have a dcf that I suspect was getting a divorce, based on some comments that dcg was saying a while back. I never said anything because it wasn't affecting me. DCG's behavior was normal, everyone was obeying the policies, I was getting paid on time. No problems.

Well this morning dcg didn't get dropped off on time, and I had to leave to get DD to school. So I text dcm asking if she's coming. DCM responds with "her dad has the girls today. I'll see what's going on." Then DCD texts me saying dcg will be dropped off after I take DD to school. Ok, that's totally fine.

But that got me thinking that I really should know dcd's address for paperwork right? Well, I got thrown off guard at drop-off because it was grandma. I wasn't expecting that, and NOT thinking at all, I ask grandma what dcd's address was. She seemed uncomfortable telling me and it wasn't until after I asked that I realized that was inappropriate. I should have waited until one of the parents came around that I should have asked.

I apologized to grandma and said I don't want to put anyone in the middle of anything. She said that they really should have told me and it doesn't make any sense that I didn't know about the divorce.

So yeah. I messed up and I will be apologizing to dcd when he picks up this afternoon.

But now I'm curious, is there any information that you collect when the parents get a divorce? Should I know the custody schedule so I'm aware of who to contact? Help!