Thread: Burning Out
View Single Post
Lil'DinoEggs 02:14 PM 10-29-2013
Originally Posted by 4LittleAngels:
Does anyone ever feel like they are burning out? I am an Army certified FCC home I work from 0530 to 530pm if not later Monday threw Friday. I have been doing this for 15 years but as of lately I feel burned out tired of seeing my house look like a daycare center( per the army's requirements) We have to live in Military housing so the space is limited and suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated.
We have a small house on military housing and it is so fustrating that even when I clean up, I have to see my work every day. When I feel burn out coming, I try something new. I might make my menus easier for a month, raid the lending library for new toys. I even changed availability. PCS season is almost over and that left full time spots open. I am now full almost everyday because of drop in care. This makes it nice that I may only have one kid for lunch and nap, keeps my days varied, and I make the same money working less because I charge more for hourly.

Also, look at for other military spouses that may offer a dance program, a second language, music teachers, etc. I have a dance teacher come once a month (I will be increasing it to twice, maybe four times a month). The kids enjoy a new person and I have an hour that I don't have to worry about kids fighting or needing to be entertained.