View Single Post
Homebody 09:53 AM 01-15-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I get the most calls right before Christmas and right before school starts. It seems there are a lot of parents needing care then but my assumption is that they need care then because they bailed on another daycare because they were charged (or will be charged) for those vacation days.

The thread here on this forum about providers billing over holidays is proof of that

All my clients are from word of mouth but I am also listed on several lists/sites in my community so my name is passed out alot by Head Start offices, my licensing agency and our QRIS program. I am also referred alot by past and current families and I have a website with an active wait list so that helps too.
I do seem to get a lot of inquires from people who are just bouncing around from daycare to daycare looking for the cheapest option. My sister who has been doing daycare for about 20 years gets most of hers by word of mouth now too, and is always full.

I'm going to look into getting a website too. It seems to be a good way to get more inquiries. Thank you!