View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 08:19 AM 02-27-2018
Originally Posted by 284878:
He is 3 months.

I have another infant (8 months) that arrives at 915, she normally gets a bottle at 945-1015. Today, I got his bottle ready when she arrived, to see if I could move a few things up so I could have time to squeeze in a 3rd bottle and because I did not give it to her she spent the whole 20 minutes crying. She does not give up either.

He is scheduled to leave at 5 but last week DCM comes earlier 420 before the other family left. I had scheduled to give dcb a bottle after the other family left but she showed up early. Then yesterday, she came later and I was not prepared for that as I was expecting her earlier, just as I was going to warm the bottle she pulls in. DCM says that last week she was leaving work early, so 430-435 will be her time window for now on.

I hate feeding a baby a bottle when a parent arrives, I am never sure if I should hand off the baby and bottle or finish feeding the baby myself.
I would have the eight-month-old dropped off already fed. If a baby needs a bottle within 30 minutes of drop off, it's easier for the parent to feed prior to coming to daycare. If that won't work, then I would feed that baby first. The point of the babywise schedule is that a baby is well fed and well rested, so they tend to wake up happy and be content babies. So the little three-month-old may be just content to stare at you and coo at you while you feed the eight month old. When you're done, the eight-month-old can play, and you can feed the little guy.

As for doing bottles before pickup. I kind of extend the same courtesy to the parent as I expect from them. I send home a well-fed, well rested, and clean diapered baby. I would either wake the baby up a bit early from nap to make sure I can fit that feed in, or I would just finish the feed before they leave. Hope that helps!