View Single Post
Christian Mother 02:13 PM 02-26-2011
You know I think it mostly has to do with the fact that you've had such a long repor with this family and you've grown to love and treat them as if there part of an extension of your family.. so it hurts or really frustrates you that they have taken advantage of you when you are doing everything you possible can to meet there needs. You put them first before your self and as daycare providers we do that for everyone. When a parent oversteps and disrespects it hurts. And not only that it just isn't right that your having to take on extra care when its unnecessary. That is why this upsets you bc you understand there isn't a call for it. It would be diff. if this family had a general emergency and it wouldn't be permanent. You have gone above and beyond the call of "daycare" in my option. I understand this as I have a little guy same age who I have had since he was 3 months. His family is an extension of mine and I would do anything for them...they haven't mistreated me in any way nor have they willing hurt me. But, they do overstep and that is when I explain to them that I understand there needs and wants..and I want to help as much as I am able but if it is affecting my other kids and families and they have found out I made an exception....that isn't fair...bc then I am labeling this child as a special child. Although all of them are unique and special to us. But I can't allow special favors special ones that I wouldn't allow for others. If it upsets you go with your gut feelings. Trust me in this I am dealing with a issue my self right now...quite diff. its posted on here. But you all have helped me move forward to do what is right really for all. DC, Parent, and Child. Good luck!!