View Single Post
Former Teacher 02:50 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Did you read the part that said "Due to a very serious allergy to most perfumes and fragrances, parents and children may not enter the day care at any time wearing any kind of perfume, after shave, lotion, or scents. "?

How in Gods green earth could you think a policy about scents could be extreme AFTER you read that section which was before the list of specific lotions and scents that would be okay?

Touchy? Yeah because what you said was RUDE. It's like you don't even CARE about someone in the house having a very serious allergy.
I speak only for myself but as much as we all would like to live in your rose colored glasses world, we can't.

I read your policies nannyde. I also read the information you post on this forum (I am not on any other forum). In IMHO I don't really know how you stay in business. I am not talking about your rules, philosophies etc. I am talking about how these so called parents let YOU call the shots. Letting YOU make the decisions on how to raise THEIR child. IE feeding, what diapers and wipes to buy, etc. How can these parents let a complete stranger , regardless of how long you known them, rule over their parenting job. I also find disturbing is that these parents agree to not go to the area where their child plays and at least see and meet their child's friends! That is what is ridiculous. But I totally blame the parents for allowing it.

As for the child who allergy is severe. I totally respect the fact that you are taking precautions for this child's life. However what does this child do in the outside world? Does he become a bubble boy? This boy needs to have one on one care if his life is in danger by the whiff of perfume.

IMO your "policy" about this child is just another strict command to take complete charge over everything.