View Single Post
Ariana 08:05 AM 05-05-2016
Well you are currently working 12 hour days and in child care those are looooong and tiring hours. the only time in the day for you to get things done is during daycare hours so I would try to do that. Create a setting in your home where children are able to play independantly as much as possible so you can get things done. When I had a lot of children I would sometimes put the tv on for 15 minutes after lunch just so could clean my kitchen (it was on a different level so I had to do this to contain them). Make a to do list and every day make it a goal to cross one item off. I cannot say enough about organizer shelves from Ikea. They have cubes with baskets that can be stacked. Also rubbermaid bins are awesome for storing things like dressup clothes, toys etc. And they stack. As for art, go back to basics. Just have the necessary stuff out like markers and crayons and store the rest for art projects that you do a few times a week or month. Kids don't need much to be creative.

Organizing your day into chunks of time is essential and figure out when is the best time to devote to your list item. I organize toys by:
People
Cars and transportation
Table top
Big ticket items like dollhouses, farms, tents, train sets etc
Puzzles
Educational
Playdoh
Blocks
Dress up

Anything not in these categories goes into a big miscellaneous bin. I also get my husband to help on the weekends if I need it. Maybe get your mom to help with this if your hubby can't.