View Single Post
Crystal 12:40 PM 12-15-2011
Actually, the OP said she started using the toddler zone for the bigger kids so the toddler is not dumping/knocking stuff over, etc. She did not say she is using it to protect the toddler, but rather to protect the older children. IMO, that is just avoiding having to deal with teaching appropriate behavior and not having to clean up the mess. I'm sure a few minutes here and there are for safety, but that was not the intention, based on what Op has said.

Originally posted by Daycare: this is pretty much what I said as well....But what would you do with this child at this age when you are cooking food or prepping and you can't have your eyes on them? Do you leave them in the room all together??

I do have the luxury of typically having one or more adults around. But, even at times when I don't, yes, the children are all together. I stay in the room with the children, but I have an open concept floor plan so I can see them from most anywhere on the first floor, no matter where I am.

EDITED: I reread the OP and see that she did say it is also to protect the little one. My bad....sorry.