View Single Post
Unregistered 12:46 PM 09-18-2018
So, I have one family who I offer 10 no charge days per year to use. Unfortunately I found out the hard way this was not a good business move. I only offer it to this family because they are my only full timers and have been with me since before I was licensed. And if I'm being honest, she's a complainer and I would rather not deal with it. I will either completely take the days away beginning January 1, or I will cut them in half. I should also point out that she has 2 kids enrolled, so 10 days each, and I lose alot of money when she uses them. Especially when she gives me no notice, which is usually what happens. I also don't charge when I'm closed and my rates are very reasonable. More reasons why I would like to change this policy for this family. Any advice on what to do here? I know if I cut it down to 5 days per child, she will be mad about it which is why I'm tempted to just get rid of them completely. What would you do? How would you tell her? I should add that I have a hard time using my backbone and do not like to confront families. So awkward. I usually do a text if I have to say something!