View Single Post
Starburst 12:25 PM 03-12-2013
Try looking at it from different angles too. Try looking about your weekly (or even monthly) income total and consider setting a goal for how much you would like a family to pay each month or use a small percentage of that.

$55/day (for 5 days a week)= $275 a week x 52 week/ 12 months= $1,191 per month. Maybe consider it a goal to get to make $1,200 per month for infant familys so only about $1.50 more a week to make that goal. or do a percentage rate increase by 1% (since it is high) $1,191x 0.01= $11 more a month or about $2-$3 more a week.

$50/day (for 5 days a week)= $250 a week x 52 wks /12 months= $1,083 maybe your goal for now can be to make about $1,090 for toddler and up families so about $2.50 a week to make that goal. $1,083x 0.01= $10-$10.5 morea month also about $2-$3 more a week.

Or you can just charge an extra $1 a day and for full timers would make an extra $5 a week (adds up to about $20-$25 more a month) per family.

I wonder where you live where parents are able to afford these rates for daycare- that is a months rent/morgage where I come from! Your daily tuition rate was what I was thinking about charging (per WEEK!) when I start and then just slowly every year or two either an extra $1 a day or $5 a week or a small percentage (1%-4%). Since I plan on starting low I would probably also make sure that parents understand going in that I will increase my rates every year or two if needed- but not drastically. Remember that 'you also don't want to raise your rates so high that you price yourself out of the market' (as one of my teachers who is an ex-FCCP would say)