View Single Post
Lilbutterflie 06:01 AM 06-22-2010
I definitely agree that you are not out of line with not allowing outside food! I actually think it's very rude, b/c then all of the kids are drooling over donuts they don't get to have! I allow it IF they bring enough for everyone to enjoy, but when you have a child with food allergies you just can't allow it at all. And yes, we are NOT short order cooks. You eat what you are given or you do not eat at all. There's always the next meal or snack they can eat if they don't approve of the current meal/snack.

With the couch and chair situation, I would treat it as a privilege that can be taken away if it is abused. Time-outs don't really work on 9 yr olds, so we take away privileges. If they abuse it, they don't get to do it. Plain and simple!!

I definitely think the 9 year old is the problem, but try to keep in mind that she is starting to grow up and not want to do what the little ones are doing all of the time. Maybe try to do an activity with her during the day that is especially for her to enjoy (maybe during naptime). When you win her over, she may just forget about all of the things she doesn't like about being there.