View Single Post
craftymissbeth 12:03 PM 03-19-2014
I talked to dcm yesterday at pick-up. He's required to come in backwards pajamas from now on. At home apparently he jumps out of TO also, but she put his TO chair inside of a superyard and she stands outside of it with her back turned to him (she said so that she's not just sitting there staring at him). I told her that I will consider trying that since I have a superyard also, but that I'll have to think about it.

She said he usually goes straight to nap time when she tells him to, but that there are days that he throws tantrums and refuses to sleep. She said she puts him in bed over and over until he finally stays there. She also said that they've put "the fear of God" in dcb and that he knows that when he misbehaves he'll be disciplined.

From talking to dcm I truly believe that they discipline him and that they want this fixed, but I'll never know if they're 100% consistent, kwim?

My plan is:
-Backwards footed pajamas until I've gained control of the situation and until I see that he doesn't even make attempts at stripping anymore
-Buckled in the high chair during meals (I'm curious to hear advice on whether I should let him up and back to the playroom when he's ready to get up... I've been letting him go back to the playroom when he says he's done eating. His food gets thrown out immediately and he doesn't get to eat again until the next meal/snack)
-Nap time he will have the option of sleeping on the nap mat or the PNP. Totally his choice, but he WILL lay down. I'd like to say that dcm will need to pick him up if he throws a huge tantrum like he did yesterday... the other kids had a hard time sleeping through it.

I'm all for figuring out kids emotional needs, but I feel like this dcb is on a power trip set off from potty training. I told dcm that potty training isn't going to happen here until the behavior is fixed. Changing his pull-up is a fight... let alone trying to actually get him to go on the toilet. She agreed and has stopped potty training at home, too.

I try to talk to him while he's calm.. not just about all of the issues but ANYTHING.. and that starts a tantrum. He's on a power trip and he needs to learn FAST that I'm not having it.