View Single Post
craftymissbeth 07:18 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by misslori50:
Good advice. I hate time out it doesnt work. Have a chat with him. make him a chart that gives him a treat if he stays dressed stays in bed and so forth. Get him on your side. You can do it but it sounds like he has only been threatened not helped. Someone needs to teach him how to behave.
The time outs ARE working. Yay!

And he isn't being threatened... if going to TO for acting like a fool is considered a threat then then I just give up. IMO all children need consequences and that's what the consequence is in this case.

I wish you all could SEE him in action. I don't think many of you truly understand the type of child this is. He NEEDS very tough love and someone that isn't afraid to show him that he's not the boss.... I AM.

I'm all for sunshine and roses... figuring out the inner workings of why Johnny behaves like a wild child, but it doesn't apply to my situation YET. He needs a big dose of reality and then we will have the opportunity to get deeper with things.

And the tough love is showing signs of working so far. The tantrums are becoming fewer and shorter. He sat nicely in the high chair when he was finished eating. He even went to sleep with minimum fuss. I'm excited to get to know this kid