View Single Post
meli829 07:43 AM 11-22-2010
We just found out we are expecting #2 in July and this has opened up a bunch of questions that I now need to find the answers to. If anyone can share their experience with any of these questions, I would love to hear I apologize for any off topic questions.

I live in Canada and last time we had a midwife and we had such a great experience and we want do go that route again, but I'm thinking they don't do home visits for regular appointments?

This probably means I need to hire a fill in for once a month and eventually twice a month for the appointments as my husband wants to be there and I cannot close on those days. I'm thinking not many people would jump at the chance to fill in for a few hours a month. (It would mostly be during nap times though to make it easier)

Also when should I tell the parents? I have a 6 month old, so I don't think any of them suspect I'm already pregnant again. I would like to wait until I'm in the second trimester to tell them. Is this ok?

I'm planning on taking two weeks off, and maybe enlisting the help of the fill-in for the 3rd and 4th week. I'm not sure 2 weeks would be enough though? It will be in the summer so I will only have 4 children as the teacher children will not be attending.

Also, any tips to getting through the days while feeling super tired and having morning sickness? Any other tips as far as things not to do etc..?
I have 3 one year olds and my DD 6 months right now so I am having to do some lifting during the day unfortunately. Any other advice?