View Single Post
QualiTcare 08:38 PM 12-07-2010
Originally Posted by nikia:
I also don't like these programs. I think children have enough formal school years ahead of them why rush this? My parenting style is kids need to be kids. My second grader reads at a fourth grade reading level we didn't do any of these your baby can read stuff and she is exceeding at school so why rush things. I agree with laundry mom babies need to drool and coo and snuggle on my lap. My youngest is in kindergarten and is doing the sight words I love seeing her face light up when she sees those words in the books we read just like my dcbs face lit up when he learned he can make really cool vibrating noise with his mouth on the side of my cheek. He is 9 months. Point being he wouldnt have the same reaction with looking at a card saying a word at least in my opinion.
i think on top of parents having bragging rights....they think their kids will be far ahead in school and teachers will be impressed. they will NOT! there is NO expectation for kids to be able to read when they come to school.

i'd love to see "newtodaycare's" opinion on this.