View Single Post
Pandaluver21 12:11 PM 08-23-2021
I have had my program for over 13 years.* My bestfriend and Roommate has worked with me off and on over that time.* I have always struggled with being "in charge", when I was her friend first.* I, for the most part, am a very laid back person and in our general life I'm ok with her making most decisions and just kind of being along for the ride.* However, when it comes to my business I have a way I would like things done.* I am not a dictator, and ask her her opinion or take her ideas often. We discussed it at the beginning and she agrees that I am "in-charge" because it was my business and she has less experience with kids than I do.* My struggle is the times I will ask her to do something and she will huff and say "I guess"* or even "why do I have to do it?"* My other struggles are her on her computer.* I am on mine sometimes getting lessons printed out and whatnot.* I have said to her several times that I do not want her on her computer or phone for personal things.* I have looked over several times and she is scrolling through facebook or will tell me about an e-mail she got.* At first I would say something along the lines of "what are you doing?" and she would realize she was on it and close her computer.* I know it looks like I can be on my computer and she can't, but I am only on it for work related things and very rarely.* I opened up my phone the other day to update Daily Connect, and the game I had been playing the night before popped up as soon as I opened it.* She saw it and said "If I was playing a game during work you'd have something to say..."* I told her I wasn't playing it, it just popped up and she said "mhmm sure" in a joking manner.**
Let me clarify a bit, she is my BEST friend.* We have known each other for 18+ years and I don't know what I would do without her.* At every job she has had she does a phenomenal job.* She is almost always recognized in some capacity at every job.* She often gets raises and promotions and is one of the most hard working people I know.* I just feel like she doesn't think of her job with me the same way and I can't stand it.* I would never take the attitude or back sass she gives, from any other employee. I feel like any time I ask her to do something, or correct something she has done, or even ASK her why she did something a specific way, she ends up mad at me and nothing is accomplished.* Most is 'playing' but even that is not acceptable in a job.* I just don't know what else to do, if I bring it up she either apologizes, fixes it for a day, then goes back to before, or gets upset and everything is a struggle for a few days.* She is a sweet caring person, and I don't want to portray her as a horrible person, but I just don't know how to make sure our friendship doesn't get in the way of our job.* (and no, at the moment her getting another job is not an option)

Sorry for my rambling, I just don't know what to do. Has anyone else been in this position? (boss, coworker, or employee of a friend) If so, how did you handle it?