View Single Post
tymaboy 06:05 AM 10-13-2010
The best way to find a good provider is to ask around. Word of mouth from someone else. You can also contact Child resource & referral, they will have a list of providers along with their hours.

For the days & rates you would have to talk to the provider about. We all are a bit different on how we work that out. If your days will change you will probably have to the full time rate. It make it hard for the provider to pick up other kids on the days that your child would not be care.

As for question, I'm no help there. When I do a parent interview I start off bt going over my policy. My policy is long due to previous parents that felt the need to take advantage of me. So I am guessing that my policy covers everything that parents are concerned about.

I do not like it when a parent wants to come to visit. If they ask I will allow it but it throws us off. That is when kids will act up. I also find it more difficult to do my job when someone is here cuz we will end up talking as well. I also find it harder on the child to adjust to the new surroundings when the child only comes a few hours or 1 -2 days before starting their regular schedule.