Thread: Snow/Cold Days
View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:16 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
There was a bunch of drama yesterday because our school district had said they were not going to close today (-40 temps). Everyone was complaining on FB, so last night they sent out the alerts that school would be closed. I think they got so tired of parents complaining, that they decided to close. Personally, I was born and raised here, so these temps don't really phase me. It's definitely cold and not safe to be outside for long periods, but in my opinion, the kids could have still gone to school. We were a farm family, so chores still had to be done regardless of how cold.

I'm fine with them being closed, as my kids enjoy a day off, but I just think the same people who were whining about not being closed, will be heading out to eat and go shopping today. My good friend is a manager at Walmart, and she posted on Facebook about school closing, so we should stay home, safe and warm, but she'll prob see you all tomorrow at Walmart. I work in a restaurant, and I guarantee you it's going to be busy. No one wants to go to work or school, but they definitely wont be staying home with their kids all day!
Our school district website is clear to say the choice to keep your child home ultimately falls on the parent whether school is closed or not and no matter what decision a parent make the school is supportive of it.

Parents don’t seem to realize they don’t gave to be “told” and can stand up and be a parent. Why “force” (via whining online) the school to close when they can just decide on their own.

They closed school here today too... all my parents (except one) had already said they were staying home before school was called off. My one parent was planning to work from home (they closed the county court house where she works as well) and was pissy when I said I was staying home too since everyone except her had already called off.
I won’t come in/open for just one family.

I told her she can still work from home but apparently her kids are impossible for her so... they’re 4.5 and 2.5 yrs old.... not MY problem. They’re good for me.

So she’ll just have to be a mom today verses getting any work done.