View Single Post
AuntTami 11:44 AM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by Parent:
Really? You like getting paid, no? It's a simple equation really. If I take too much time off, I lose my job. If I lose my job then I no longer need your services. I'm not sure why that's such a hard concept.

We're not talking about a walking contagion here. This is a kid who might have some congestion, but is fine with a morning/night cough suppresant.

Do you close your doors every time you (or your kid) has a runny nose? How about while taking the last 7-9 days of an antibiotic? Didn't think so. You act like you want to hold parents to such high standards, but are you holding yourself to the same standards?
Sure we want to get paid, but we also want to get paid from ALL of our parents, not just one family. Which means we do what is best for the GROUP, which includes not taking sick children.

I personally allow kids to come if they have a minor cold(sniffling, runny nose, dry non productive cough etc) However, if they're coughing up mucous, or their nose is running more than I can keep up with without jeopardizing the safety of ALL of my children, then parents get called for pick up.

It is YOUR responsibility, as a parent, to have a back up provider. That's the price you pay when you sign your child up for an in-home provider vs. a center, you need to have a back up provider because sometimes things happen. We get sick, too!

If I needed to take an antibiotic and my doctor said I needed to stay away from children while I took it, you bet your butt that I would close my doors. If a child went to the doctor and was given an antibiotic, I would exclude until the doctor gave the OK PER a doctors NOTE, not based on parents word, that it would be okay for the child to come back. If thats 2 days, or 2 weeks, that's up to the DOCTOR to decide. I follow doctors orders.