View Single Post
CraftyMom 04:35 PM 12-20-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Another aspect I had never thought about but the issue came up many years ago when it seemed every kid got chicken pox.
I learned one of my dcks had broken out with chicken pox and as a courtesy to the dcps, I called each one to alert them and ask them if they minded their child being exposed. Believe it not, back then a common attitude was 'oh let's get this over with; they're gonna get it anyways'.
But when I called a PT dcm to let her know, she said she could not let her own child be exposed because on her off days she cared for a child with leukemia.

So parents, it's not because we as providers are looking to earn free money while your kid isn't attending. It's not because we're looking to make your life difficult. It's not because we have control issues or using our business for power play. It's because you never know how this can trickle down and affect everybody else.

Besides, and I don't know if this was mentioned or not, BUT IMO child care is about the child. And where do you think a sick child wants to be when they're sick?? Surrounded by 5 or more other kids, crying infants, forced to join in activities, chaos, noise, hustle and bustle of daycare? NO. They want to be home, taken care of, indulged, in a quiet place with the people they love the best.

Yes, there are MANY aspects that we as providers are thinking about, whereas parents are just concerned with missing a day of work and think we are being nit picky...soooo not the case!