View Single Post
mamamanda 04:22 AM 10-15-2015
Well, after much thought and prayer my husband and I decided that it is time for me to take a much needed break from daycare. I will babysit for one little one and obviously care for my own children, but I will be done with group care for now. This will allow me to take the edge off, spend more time focused on my own kiddos, and even free us up to take the occasional trip during the week. Maybe story time or a playdate, etc. I talked with all of my parents this week and it was so hard to have those conversations, but I am already feeling so relieved. I have 2 kids from one family that both struggle with behavior greatly, but their mom told them in front of me at pickup that they would have to go back to their old school in a couple weeks. The little girl cried and the little boy kind of went hysterical yelling that he doesn't want to go back there and he just wants to stay with me. That was so terribly hard. I've felt guilty over that all night. But I know this is best for my own family so I'm trying to rest in that.
Due to some health issues and being pregnant again, the dr has suggested I gain some more weight and lower my stress levels significantly. I know this is the right step. It's just so hard. If I was confident that these 2 kiddos would transition ok I would be nothing but excited over the change, but I worry about them. I've been so frustrated with their behavior lately and constantly having to conference with mom that I don't feel like them staying here was in their best interest anyway, but man did my heart break when they cried.