View Single Post
KiwiKids 03:57 AM 08-11-2016
Two come to mind... There's been times I've chosen to run a smaller group due to my own circumstances, but overall the two that felt like official terminations.

1- school age child who was too wild and didn't listen. There were some very big family problems going on at home as a well and I felt badly for the child but the behavior was a safety issue.

2nd- a toddler who wouldn't nap, spent months crying anytime they weren't being held, things boiled over into aggression because they simply weren't cut out for group care. Co-slept at home, held and hardly ever put down as an infant and had a parent within arms reach at all times... Mom would watch child be aggressive and yell at other kids and make no effort to correct the behavior. She was so focused on her child never crying that nothing else mattered. After many discussions on what was expected and I actually managed to get DCK in line, I still gave notice because it was all my effort and I knew it would be a constant work in progress because DCM didn't want to change anything. She felt she was doing the best for her child, that's her child and her right. I'm by no means anti-attachment parenting and used many AP ideas with my own kids but in this case the lack of constant physical attachment to an adult caregiver created huge anxiety for the child. Perfect example of why no one book can tell you the best way to parent or care for every child. I can honestly say I will never put myself in that situation again. I cared very much for the child. It was so much stress to watch dck struggle with anxiety and be so unhappy when by nature dck was a very happy kid. Group care was just NOT the right choice.