View Single Post
QualiTcare 11:17 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
we-ll...knowing my DD...I would have to say that if she has no other symptoms besides this cough, then she probably just coughed hard enough to throw up. That happens to people sometimes, especially if they have a sensitive gag reflex. It happens to my DD--she's been known to puke from coughing and from being too upset (like seriously wigging out about something; she did it once when she was scared to get her hair rinsed). Last night she puked from either being terrifically upset or from choking on something--I'm not sure what happened even though I was right there with her when it happened.

So, that being said, I would probably let her come, on the condition that if she pukes again she will be picked up ASAP. She probably won't. Maybe ask the mom if she feels that the puke was due to the coughing.

Yep, I know, not a popular opinion on these boards, but it is what I would do.
i agree - when i'm congested and need to get phlegm out - i pretty much have to cough until i puke. some people can just make that disgusting noise and get it out, but i can't. i was actually doing it just a couple weeks ago and i felt just fine w no fever. TMI, i know.