Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
amberrose3dg 09:15 AM 03-29-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Not DC related -
We started in on a major home renovation last week, taking our huge downstairs bedroom down into 2 rooms. One side will be a first floor bathroom/laundry room, the other half our bedroom.

Because our home was built in 1903, there is ZERO insulation, and all electrical must be updated, as well as all new plumbing for the bathroom. But to do all of this we have to demo the room first. This means taking down layers of plaster board, ship lap, and lath and plaster. As we are doing all the work ourselves (nights/weekends), this project will take FOREVER!

We are sleeping in the upstairs guest bedroom on a perfectly good but smaller, almost new mattress. But it isn't my mattress, and I have been sleeping SO terribly this past week and a half. I am ready for this to be done just so I can have my own bed back!
Today is my last day before being off for a wonderful 10 days and taking my kids on a cruise to the Caribbean for a week for spring break. These parents are really trying to test me. Everyone knows they need to pay me today or risk late fees for not doing so. Already excuses etc..
Anyways I had a parent drop off yesterday and say to their son (I wish I was joking) "here don't forget your ROCK!" She hands him a "f!@#$%^" rock to bring to daycare!Keep in mind this is a kid who hits her and slaps her etc.. He is extremely aggressive.(he isn't real aggressive here or he would be out) He does throw things from time to time.I mean you have got to be kidding me. I hand it back to her yesterday. Today comes and she hid the rock in his damn coat pocket! So now I gotta check his coat for things. My husband was here and he's like I'm throwing it away. If she asks for it , he lost it somewhere lol.You guys I'm trying real hard not to tell people off. I am seriously tempted to email her a term notice while I am gone.