View Single Post
Unregistered 03:14 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
So--I'm a mom and was trying to do a little research. My day care REQUIRES that mom's and dad's leave the bucket seat at the day care. We are in Michigan, just for reference. The reasoning, the director states, is that it's part of the day care licensing requirements. And the reasoning behind that, is because if there is ever an emergency and child needs to be transported by ambulance, child can be safely transported in the bucket seat. They have quite a large infant room, they are almost at capacity and have about 19 infants. So yes, there are 19 car seats in front of the door on a busy day.

I've just never heard of this, and it logistically doesn't make much sense to me. How possibly could the state require that many car seats to be left at the day care? Are all 19 infants going to need to be transported by ambulance at the same time? Sounds like not enough ambulances.

It just irks me because my child is 20 pounds now, and I have repeatedly asked the director what the cut off is as far as car seats being left at the day care (how big does my kid have to be that I can stop bringing in the car seat?), but she never has a straight answer for me. So I've been online looking for an answer, but I can't find this licensing requirement anywhere. Can someone send me the link, if they know of it?

Maybe it's a township code, rather than state. I don't know. Anyway, I hate lugging that thing in every day and it literally especially when the sense behind it doesn't make sense at all.

Thanks!
OK no..I would do some drop in check ups if i were u. If a kid is in a true emergent situationally, ambulances use their already approved gurney that latches into the ambulance. There are no seats back there equipped for carseats and no time if 911emergency